Because our services are directed at lower-income, uninsured people, patients must meet the following qualifications:
- Determine how many people are in your household, which means everyone living off of the combined income in your home.
- Calculate how much you make in a single year between all household income makers
- If your total annual income is less than 200% of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines (2018) for your family size, then you are qualified economically.
PERSONS IN FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD POVERTY GUIDELINE 2018
(pulled from aspe.hhs.gov on 1/15/2018 )
|# in household||100%||200% limit|
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $8,640 for each additional person.
Lack of Insurance Standard
You may not have private, public, or self-purchased health insurance or benefits (including Veterans Administration, Medicaid or Medicare.) This also applies to dental services at the clinic even if your health coverage does not extend dental benefits.
Each patient is screened for eligibility at the clinic during the first appointment and re-screened every six months thereafter. You MUST bring proper documentation to your first appointment or you will be turned away when you arrive. Eligible patients are those with no health insurance of any kind with a financial household income of 200% or less of poverty federal guidelines.
- Current picture identification
- Social security card or number (not required for service)
- Verification of household income (pay stub, W-2 form, Tax return etc. from all working members of the house in which you live)
It is also helpful to bring any medical or prescription history you may have.
The scope of care provided by the clinic is limited due to the volunteer nature of our clinic. Our staff will select patients for registration based on our ability to professionally meet their overall healthcare needs. We cannot guarantee any patient will be admitted for care and will do our best to refer you to appropriate resources.
Patients are not refused service based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, residency status, or for any other non-financial/non-medical reason.
If you do not speak English you need to bring a translator with you to your appointment (Si usted no habla Inglés que tiene que traer un traductor con usted a su cita.)